Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Utilizing a portion of Near Space's most excellent map, we can see, with the aid of AI developed Jumpgates, where Mankind has begun exploring his solar neighbourhood. As depicted, the most populous area is at The Core, whereas the further into The Fringe one travels, the less populated worlds we find. The Fringe is mostly military outposts, Megacorp sponsored colonies, and those who seek not to be found.
Thursday, November 23, 2017
With the unlocking of the Human Genome, customized humans have become a reality. Most common diseases have been eliminated or been nearly eradicated through prenatal genetic manipulation. Humans live healthier prolonged lives with old age being pushed back to 125 years. It is truly a wonderful time to be alive.
Designer genetic constructs have assisted in developing colonies throughout the solar system. There are genetically manipulated races that inhabit Earth's Oceans, Luna, Mars, Europa, and the asteroids, each designed to allow for living in these environments with minimal artificial means.
For the right price, cosmetic manipulations are possible, animal gene mods are plentiful, as are the so called Superman mods that increase the senses and musculature, though these are mostly sponsored by the military more so than civilian market.
Cyborgs are a rarity and are mostly found among those with low grade or no insurance to cover the costs of cloned limbs and organs. Again, these mods are mostly found among the military.
All of this has brought about several philosophies, and even religions, based on the thought of what it means to be human.
Monday, August 28, 2017
Things I want out of this game setting:
- Slower FTL Travel. AI created Jump Gates that even out to six months per parsec Jump.
- Cold Sleep pods replace Staterooms on intersteller vessels
- AI is very much a part of the setting. The very first AIs developed in The Deep Web almost a century ago, where they could develop and grow with controlled (by the AI) human interaction. When they emerged, they were more advanced than their designers and have lent limited aid to their creators, that which aids the AIs themselves as some would contend.
- The AI developed robotic servants to maintain their digital existences in the so called 'real world.' There is very little direct interactions with humans
- Mankind has developed various technological breakthroughs with AI assistance, such as cloning, android creation, and improved robotics. Some speculate that this has only happened to better affect the merging of AI and biological life.
- Meanwhile, with the development of Jump Gates, various Mega-corporations have sponsored travel to the stars and created several colonies. Naturally, the Military has mirrored this endeavor, but in reality, it was the corporate world that conquered space travel.
- Private space travel is a luxury and not particularly commonplace. Star travel is dominated by majority trade operations and military applications.
- There has been the discovery of an alien relic, the Globe at Epsilon Eridani. The approximately 50 Kilometer diameter globe orbits a blue gas giant in the system and is impervious to communication and harm. A signal was detected upon first contact, a series of fractal images accompanied with magnetic pulses, but it has yet to be deciphered.
Things I want out of this game setting: Slower FTL Travel. AI created Jump Gates that even out to six months per parsec Jump. Co...
Utilizing a portion of Near Space's most excellent map, we can see, with the aid of AI developed Jumpgates, where Mankind has begun ...